MSc CFIOSH MFOH FRSA
Lawrence was the Head of Health and Safety for the Olympic Delivery Authority and Chairman of Sypol, one of the UK’s leading health, safety and environmental consultancies. He is a Chartered Fellow of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CFIOSH) and a Member of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene (MFOH).
Lawrence is a member of:
- HSE Science Strategy Committee
- HSE Horizon Scanning Intelligence Group
- Council of the Parliamentary and Scientific Committee, the UK parliament’s oldest joint committee (Lords and Commons) which seeks to bring scientists, technologists and politicians together to help develop understanding and policy
- CONIAC Occupational Health Working Party, a Government committee which develops health policy for the construction industry
- Health and Safety Board of the Institution of Civil Engineers (corresponding).
Lawrence is a Past President of IOSH, was Project Director for the occupational health pilot Constructing Better Health and chaired the working party which developed guidance on health and safety management systems (Systems in Focus), and is the author of chapters in books on health and safety published by the Institute of Directors, and other commercial publishers on a number of topics. He was the recipient (jointly) of the 1995 Institution of Civil Engineers medal for Safety in Construction, and in 2005 of the RoSPA Distinguished Service Award.
Delivered the Allan St. John Holt lecture in 2009